Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rocket Joe of Wilbraham


Here's a character -- Rocket Joe Roberts of Wilbraham, AKA Farmer Joe, who took this photo of his Pekin ducks (that's what he calls them anyway). He's a Dark-Sky enthusiast; says light pollution will soon have obliterated the nighttime view of the sky with the exception of the moon and planets. Advocates for fewer of "shielded" lights (facing down not up) at night. Amherst character Dissident Vince O'Connor carrying the dark-sky banner in Amherst. Some links to Rocket Joe's world:
http://www.rocketroberts.com/joe.htm
Joe Roberts Astrophotography This page covers my activities in photography of the night sky.Amateur Astronomer's Notebook A site dedicated to amateur astronomy, especially suited to those just starting out!Hale-Bopp pictures I took Darn! No spaceship!Joe Roberts' Hawaii Five-O Page If you are a fan of the show Hawaii Five-O you'll want to visit this section (my most frequently visited page)!Minnechaug Class of 1978 Home Page Everything you loved and hated about school, and then some...Resume Not currently looking for work, but I'll consider outstanding opportunities...Technical Articles "readable" articles I wrote on technical stuff...Farmer Joe's Home Page Scenes and equipment from around the farm...Joe's Rocket Page Very little here right now, this is a new undertaking...Joe's Model Railroad Page Some highlights and photos of my 1970's vintage model railroad.Joe's Wilbraham Photo History Page Old and new historical photos from Wilbraham, MA.Joe's Farmall "M" Site A site with focus on my 1949 Farmall M tractor.Joe's Farm and Nature Page A page with photos of things around my hobby farm.A 1970's Teenager's Bedroom A page that illustrates my start in stereo systems and electronics.Korean War Photo Page Photos from in and around the front lines and rear area in Korea.My Backyard Observatory A chronicle of the construction of my Backyard Observatory.Joe's Radio Aircheck Page A page with classic radio airchecks from the 70s to the 90s!How and Why Wonder Books A page dedicated to the vintage childhood book series.Ramblings My comments on a variety of topics.Miscellaneous Notes and Facts A collection of common misconceptions and miscellaneous info...Important Notes about the contents of my pages Notes about copyright, originality of work, etc.

No comments: