Monday, September 10, 2007

Classic Jonathan Melle

Photo is Amherst's classic congressman, John Olver.
Fellow Pittsfield native Jonathan Melle observes Massachusetts politics from the Live Free or Die state. Reprinting his views here (see below) is not an edorsement.
9/10/2007

What do John Olver and Jon Melle have in common?

Dear News Media, Politicians & the People:

The answer to the above question is...ANDREA F. NUCIFORO, Junior, (aka Luciforo)!

To explain, John Olver is the long-standing sitting United States Representative for most of Western Massachusetts. Unlike the incumbent Congressman from Amherst, Massachusetts(John Olver), Nuciforo, of Pittsfield/Boston, is a minion of the "John Forbes Kerry, Martin Meehan, Barney Frank...special interest political machine" ran by the large financial institutions in and around Boston. The Corporate Elite in Boston wants Nuciforo elected to Congress, thereby ousting Olver, so that he will do their bidding on Capitol Hill.

To illustrate, when John Forbes Kerry ran for the presidency several years ago (in 2004), the Corporate Elite in Boston put on a fundraiser for the wealthy candidate in Nantucket (Spring, 2004). The event, which was hosted by John Kerry, was also co-hosted by Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr., who wore a matching tuxedo as he stood next to the junior Massachusetts Senator greeting the wealthy corporate executives and lobbyist who raised more campaign money for Kerry than the incumbent Bush was able to raise from his Corporate Elite donors in 2004.

To further illustrate, go to the following web-site:

http://www.bermananddowell.com/jsp2196567.jsp

There you will find that Nuciforo really only serves the Corporate Elite in Boston as a private Corporate Attorney for Boston's big banks and insurance companies.

Furthermore, please review the Boston Globe's 1/16/2007 news article, pasted below, which explains that:
$$$$$$$$$$$$
"Nuciforo , the former Senate chairman of the Financial Services Committee...collected $11,000 in political donations from Commerce executives in [2006],...Nuciforo has focused his private law practice on insurance issues during the time he chaired the committee. He is listed as "of counsel" to Berman & Dowell, a Boston law firm that cites insurance defense as one of its three practice groups. He joined the firm the year he became committee chairman. Nuciforo's practice area is listed "insurance coverage" and "insurance defense , " according to the firm's website. That legal work entails defense work for insurance companies against claimants. ...Nuciforo, who made $72,000 a year as a state senator, listed receiving $15,000 in income from the law firm in 2005, according to his latest financial statements filed with the State Ethics Committee. ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$

In 2008, Nuciforo will be able to run for U.S. Congress against John Olver and keep his "sinecure" in Pittsfield where he makes over $80,000 per year as the Central Berkshire Registrar of Deeds with a term of being up for "election" every 6 years. Nuciforo was "elected" to this "sinecure" in 2006 and he will not be up for "election" again until 2012. That gives Nuciforo the best of all Worlds! On the one hand, Nuciforo will raise more campaign money than John Olver because of his affiliations with the Corporate Elite in Boston, and on the other hand, he will have the security of his "sinecure" in Pittsfield. The only advantage that John Olver has against Nuciforo will be his long-standing incumbency. BUT, John Olver has one more ace up his sleave, although he may not know it, and that will be the assistance of Jonathan Melle (me) in defeating Nuciforo in his run for Congress by exposing the FRAUD Nuciforo really is!

NOW, here is the difficult part. Jonathan Melle (me) comes from a "have-not" background. My parents rely on public pensions for their financial security. Around this time in (the Autumn) 1997, my dad was quoted in The North Adams Transcript as criticizing the commonwealth for not paying the full amount to the Berkshire County Government for the Courthouse rent. By the Spring of 1998, Nuciforo filed a Massachusetts State Ethics Commission report against my Dad to get him fired from his then state job as a probation officer and force his resignation from my dad's elected position as a Berkshire County Commissioner. Please note that during the same time period in the Spring of 1998, Nuciforo set up secretive plans with the Pittsfield Police Department to have me arrested because Nuciforo alleged that I was a threat to him after Nuciforo threatened me twice the year prior. Please note that if Nuciforo got his way, my dad would have lost both of his jobs and his son (me) would have gone to jail. Had Nuciforo gotten my dad is trouble, my dad would not be collecting a state pension today. My family would be very poor instead of middle class.

What is the point? By Cliff Nilan calling my dad, Denis Guyer sending my mom anonymous letters with my emails enclosed, and the like, the point is that if I help John Olver next year win re-election by providing the Congressman with documents of Nuciforo's deficient and corrupt public record, the Pittsfield Political Machine will strike at my family again -- 10 years later. The Pols will try to take away one or both of my parent's public pensions to spite me for my long-term and continued stand against Nuciforo. My parents will blame me instead of the Pols for their plight, and dirty politics will win the day.

Because the absurdly trivial Pittsfield Political Machine has their targets on Congressman John Olver to put Nuciforo in political office, my family will be a casualty of war. I will be made to be the bad guy, and Nuciforo will shine like a statue and smell like a rose.

What John Olver and Jon Melle have in common is Nuciforo's dirty politics. I hope that John Olver realizes what is coming and will protect more than his own interests--i.e., guard at least my parents in their coming times of hardships. I don't care what happens to me in all of this. Bash me around, spit on my face, slander my name all over the place. I will still be there, standing tall, helping my parents and John Olver during their difficult times of need. I have been through Nuciforo's dirty politics ten years ago, and I am ready and willing to face him in Round #2!

In closing and on a human level, my mom is suffering as a cancer survivor. I know that politics is usually banal: Abortion, Healthcare Coverage, Homelessness, etc. BUT, in this case, have a heart for my mother's illness. The odds are against her. She may not survive. Do what you want to me, but please don't harass my mother anymore. If you "Pittsfield Good Old Boys" want to play hardball with me, I will beat you at your pathetic game each and every time around. If you want to play hardball with my mother while she is vulnerable and suffering, then you will meet the strongest of my continual dissents. You don't like me, and I don't like you, and that is the banal reality, but please, please, please have a heart and stop targetting my mother.

I WILL ALWAYS SPEAK MY GOOD CONSCIENCE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!

In Dissent,

Jonathan A. Melle

--

THE BOSTON GLOBE
NEWS ARTICLE
Ex-senator moving on insurance positionSix say Nuciforo sought advice
By Frank Phillips, Globe Staff
January 16, 2007
Former state senator Andrea F. Nuciforo Jr., who was sworn in two weeks ago as Berkshire County register of deeds, is already moving on to his next job search: a bid to become Governor Deval Patrick's commissioner of insurance.
Nuciforo, who has been the Senate chairman of the committee that oversees the state's heavily regulated insurance industry, has told his former colleagues and politically connected figures on Beacon Hill that he wants the insurance post, which would pay about $120,000 a year. The move would require him to resign as register, which pays him about $80,000 a year but also permits him to practice law.
Nuciforo, a Pittsfield Democrat, did not return calls over the last several days seeking comment. Nuciforo's former Senate aide, Patrick J. Quirk, said the senator would have no comment other than he would be "flattered" to be considered for a position in the Patrick administration.
But six of his former Senate and political colleagues on Beacon Hill have told the Globe that he has sought their advice and help in seeking the insurance post.
It is not clear what chance Nuciforo has in landing the position in the Patrick administration. A senior adviser to the governor said the former state senator probably would not get the position, although he may be granted an interview. Patrick's press secretary, Kyle Sullivan, said the administration does not comment on "pending personnel matters."
Nuciforo's campaign to become insurance commissioner has confounded many of his former colleagues in the State House and stirred the political world in Pittsfield, where Nuciforo has been a popular state senator for 10 years.
Last March, he shocked local political observers when he announced he would not seek reelection and instead run for the register of deeds position that was being vacated.
Because he was a popular senator with a bulging campaign account, his presence in the campaign for register persuaded two other contestants, including a former Pittsfield mayor who once served as his aide, to drop out of the race. He ran unopposed in the primary and general election, taking over what is considered a political sinecure.
Nuciforo, a 10-year incumbent whose final Senate term ended Jan. 2, was deeply involved in several controversial auto insurance reform proposals designed to change the way auto insurance is regulated in Massachusetts, including plans by several major firms and former governor Mitt Romney that sought to create a more competitive market.
Nuciforo, the former Senate chairman of the Financial Services Committee, came out strongly against House legislation proposed last June that would have phased out state-set rates and phase in competitive rate setting over five years. He predicted that if it passed the House, the bill would be "dead on arrival" in the Senate, contending it was "consumer-unfriendly." He and other critics said it would sharply increase premiums for drivers in urban areas.
Commerce Insurance Co., the state's largest auto insurer, has lobbied heavily against many of the proposals on Beacon Hill, contending that proposals to overhaul the system would raise rates for drivers in urban areas. Those opponents say the legislation would reduce subsidies that currently flow from suburban and rural drivers to urban motorists.
Nuciforo collected $11,000 in political donations from Commerce executives in the last year. As his committee considered the bill last year, he also collected donations from insurance company executives who wanted more autonomy in setting rates. Massachusetts is the only state in which regulators set auto insurance rates.
Patrick has yet to clearly outline his views on insurance reform, although during the campaign last year, he said he would like to see more competition.
Nuciforo has focused his private law practice on insurance issues during the time he chaired the committee. He is listed as "of counsel" to Berman & Dowell, a Boston law firm that cites insurance defense as one of its three practice groups. He joined the firm the year he became committee chairman. Nuciforo's practice area is listed "insurance coverage" and "insurance defense , " according to the firm's website. That legal work entails defense work for insurance companies against claimants.
According to the firm's promotional material, Joseph S. Berman, a partner, "leads the insurance defense group which provides clients with aggressive and cost-effective representation in a broad range of insurance matters, including insurance defense, coverage, and the defense of unfair insurance practices lawsuits."
Berman said in an interview several months ago that Nuciforo does not refer insurance defense work to him or others in the firm.
Nuciforo, who made $72,000 a year as a state senator, listed receiving $15,000 in income from the law firm in 2005, according to his latest financial statements filed with the State Ethics Committee.
Last week, Patrick fired Julianne M. Bowler, Romney's insurance commissioner, who was implementing an assigned risk plan, in which as many as 1 million of the state's drivers would be randomly assigned to carriers based on market share. The plan marked a radical change from current policy.
Jonathan A. Melle30 Hanover Street,
Apartment # 209 Manchester, NH 03101-2227 Telephone: (603) 232-5538 Cell: (603) 289-0739
E-mail:
jonathan_a_melle@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Jonathan Melle said...

9/22/2007

Dear Mary Carey!

You are the best journalist ever! Thank you for posting some of my emails on your web blogs. Your voice sings for the voiceless! You have real courage and are a real journalist for the people, not just the elite.

ongeicocaveman dot blogspot dot com
/
2007 / 09 / classic-jonathan-melle dot html

Just so that all of my powerful and elite political enemies in Massachusetts will know, I will be helping my mom again next month by accompanying her to Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. I have nothing but resentment for my political enemies in Massachusetts for targetting my vulnerable mother by sending her anonymous letters about my political writings (especially my essays against Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr. and/or Denis E. Guyer) while her health is ill. Nuciforo ("Luciforo") got what he deserved by Mary Carey's blog-posting of my recent letter against him and those, including the Corporate Elite in Boston/John Forbes Kerry, and the Pittsfield Political Machine, who support his future run against John Olver for U.S. Congress!

I have the best advantage over all of you because Mary Carey's voice for the voiceless will keep all of you state and local pols, et al, in check! Anything you try to do to me or my family, Mary Carey will publish on the news wires and blogs! I know you don't want that to happen, especially John Forbes Kerry and his wealthy group of Corporate Elite country club buddies!

Thank you, Mary Carey! I will never forget you and your decency in the face of Pittsfield/Boston's "neo-McCarthyism." You are true-blue American!

I guess I don't really need John Olver's help after-all because Mary Carey will help me regardless. I still hope that John Olver will protect my parents next year when his seat is targetted by LUCIFORO! Like I said before, I don't care what happens to me. I do, however, care about the corrupt political persecution of my parents, especially my mother, who is struggling with cancer!

The hidden point that Mary Carey is making by being a voice for the voiceless is that I am a good man, and it is hard to bring a good man down! I believe Mary Carey is a good person, too! She is my favorite journalist of all time. Mary Carey is what journalism is all about!

Yours Very Truly,

Jonathan A. Melle

Rep. Denis Guyer said...

http://www.manchexpress.com/express061107.pdf

A man who dodged walk-athon
barricades and allegedly
accelerated his car at a Manchester
police officer was arrested
on Thursday, June 7.
Reports said that at about
6:30 p.m., Jonathan Melle,
31, of 30 Hanover St. allegedly
drove around barricades set
in place for the annual Easter
Seals Walk-A-Thon.
Manchester officer John
Cunningham directed Melle
to stop, and Melle allegedly
accelerated his car towards
Cunningham. Cunningham
jumped out of the way,
avoiding the car. Melle then
stopped, tried to get out of the
car, and struggled with Cunningham
as the officer tried to
put him under arrest.
Melle was subdued, handcuffed,
arrested and charged
with disorderly conduct, resisting
arrest and reckless
conduct.

Jonathan Melle said...

Re: Nuciforo targetting Congressman Olver!!!!

Over 2 years ago, Mary E. Carey captured my prediction that Andrea Francesco Nuciforo Junior (aka "Luciforo") was going to run against Congressman John Walter Olver and use his notorious dirty politics to disparage him, his character and life. Here is evidence of Nuciforo targetting Congressman John W. Olver:

www.topix.net/forum/source/berkshire-eagle/T5NGJPOGB5J2I0453

- Jonathan Melle

luciforo.blogspot.com